Solar Electric panel or PV (Photovoltaic) panels convert sunlight to electricity. This energy supplements or replaces the electricity supplied by the utility grid. PV panels are most commonly installed on rooftops but can also be ground mounted. They are most effective with a southerly exposure that provides full sun. Other possible installations include a pole mount, or atop a porch, carport, or other shaded area. PV energy systems are currently eligible for a 30% Federal tax credit and State rebates and grants.
Benefits of Solar Electric Systems:
- Solar PV can be used all year round
- Can be used for heating, cooling and all electric needs
- Excess solar energy can be “sold” back to the electric company
- As there are no moving parts there is virtually no maintenance for upwards of 30 years
- Often qualifies for energy incentives
Paradise Energy Solutions installs solar electric systems in MD, PA, MA, NY,
OH, NJ, CT, and DE.